Here we are sharing Mumbai to Ganpatipule route which we took for this journey and recommending the same for you to reach your destination more easily without any wrong turns.
1. First day journey was more than 330kms from Bhandup(mumbai) to Ganpatipule with all the proper stops.
2. Our first small meet up stop was Kalamboli(Panvel) from where we started the actual journey together.
Panvel to ganpatipule, distance is 293kms. For Mumbai and Navi-Mumbai group people, panvel is the best stop to meet and start your journey together.
3. Take turn for Karnala Bird Sanctuary from Kalamboli instead of Rasayani and Lonavla. You will pass through Karnala towards Pen road.
4. After crossing Pen, take Vadkhal Bypass Road towards Kolad to avoid Vadkhal junction traffic.
5. Our first proper breakfast stop was at Nagothane which is almost around 100 plus kms from Mumbai.
6. Keep in mind to follow Nagothane-Mangoan-Mahad-Khed route upto Chiplun and do not take Pune-Satara road if you are coming from Mumbai side.
It will save lots of kms and your journey time very well.
7. After passing mangaon, our 2nd stop was at Mahad for petrol after completing 170kms from Mumbai.
8. After Mahad, we took afternoon stop at Khed for sugarcane juice due to heavy sunlight. Mahad to Khed is 51kms.
Try to take short water/drink breaks after completing 50kms during heavy sunlight to avoid dehydration.
9. Take chiplun bypass road towards Sangameshwar which is almost 90kms from khed.
We took evening snacks and fuel break at Sangameshwar.
10. More 43kms left for Ganpatipule from Sangameshwar via Chafe, try to complete last 50 kms as soon as possible before sunset to avoid traveling in dark.
11. Ganaptipule to Bapat Home Stay is on a km distance where we took our first night stay.
12. Important Mumbai to Ganpatipule route to note :